Today I was awarded the "Meanest Mom in the World" prize. I know some of you may be shocked to find that you have been dethroned and that I have managed to usurp this grand prize. Are you curious how I managed this feat? It was really quite simple. I had the audacity to turn the car around. You see, we were headed to the "big girls" ballet class for My Little Reader to try out. She enjoys the "little girl class" but the teacher thought she might be better placed in the more difficult class. Not yet halfway there My Little Reader made the unfortunate decision to roll up some papers from her backpack and hit her sister over the head. Definitely not very ballerina like. And so, I very calmly proceeded to the next intersection and turned the car around. Surely you heard the wailing, for it was at the top of her little lungs. A fine moment indeed. But with marked calmness I proceeded to lay down the law. In no uncertain terms she was told exactly what would happen at home and what the consequences would be should she choose to continue on her current path. It was a fine mommy moment. Calm and assertive. That is when I became the "Meanest Mommy." Oh well, someone has to have the title, right? It might as well be me. And it was....at least for an hour or so while she rotted away in her fabulously appointed room filled with all of her prized possessions. Then I made dinner and she remembered how much she actually does like me. Suddenly, I had a new title of "Best Cook". I guess it was someone else's turn to be the Meanest Mommy. Best of luck to her!
2 days ago




Okay, well I'll share the title. But don't get too comfortable with it!!
ReplyDeleteActually, I can hear her thanking you someday.:) I know I thank my meanest mom - although, come to think of it, my kids have never thanked ME!! Oh well, I can dream that they knew I did it because I loved them, right?!?!