Sunday, May 2, 2010

3 Weeks From Today!

We will be on our way to "the Hawaii you can drive to!" Here we come San Diego!

Of course between now and then we have 14 more days of school which include: report card testing of 21 students that takes approximately 20 minutes per student, the creation of an amazing Mother's Day gift that I haven't picked out yet, but that needs to be done by Friday morning, a full day of training tomorrow, a preschool-visit on Tuesday, viewing of the 2nd grade musical on Wednesday,
each of which means less time to figure out the Mother's Day gift dilemma, Mother's Day Brunch in my classroom on Friday morning for all the moms this year-with all the yummy food prepared and provided by none other than myself, a crazy ballet schedule leading up to the recital (which for the Momas is on May 21st at 7), organizing and assembling 21 Kindergarten Scrapbooks, sequencing the end of the year slide show and burning 21 copies for the families, planning and executing Kindergarten promotion, cleaning my entire classroom and stacking all of the furniture on the smallest piece of linoleum known to man, about a dozen more Ocean projects for the kids to complete, subtraction lessons to be taught and learned, one more school newsletter, maybe a water day if I can find the time, and one fabulous "Un-Birthday" party on the last day of school for all my summer birthdays-this year I have 13.

I wish I could tell you that this is my complete to-do list for the next 14 school days, but I would be lying. I think the full list is too much for you or I to face right now. I think I need a piece of chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! My list woke me up at 4 am...yours beats mine all to heck. I keep repeating, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home..." Life is crazy in May - I really think it rivals the first days of school minus the bone-tired voice and feet.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete