Thursday, August 25, 2011

In the thick of it...

Courage doesn't always roar. 
Sometimes 
courage is the quiet voice 
at the end of the day saying, 
"I will try again tomorrow."

I can still picture the very first time I read this quote. It was on the cover of a journal that was for sale at the Discovery Store in Tucson Mall. I don't know where I was at in my life that this quote 
spoke so directly to my heart, 
but I bought that journal on the spot. 
I suppose it is still around here somewhere. 
But this quote continues to speak to me.
It whispers my name on days when I am just too tired. 
When the pace has been too much
and I feel defeated.
I know that it will get better.
I know that I will look back in May 
and see how much they have grown, 
how far they have come.
But today...
today I can't quite see it. 
So I am being courageous.
I am looking back at today and saying
you didn't kill me today
so I must be a little bit 
STRONGER
And tomorrow 
is a
NEW
day.







And if nothing else....
the day after that is Saturday. 



3 comments:

  1. glad I can help by removing 3 children from the home for you... at least for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad the plan is to spend every waking moment at home cleaning to make up for the lack of cleaning that has gone on for the past month. Hopefully I will be done by the time you get home and we can have a relaxing Saturday afternoon. I have almost forgotten what that feels like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courage....if you find some. I might need it. At least my students might. I got a little testy with them last week and told them we would never have science again - they were that bad!! So...I moved all their desks, implemented the points system and today they didn't utter a word. YES!!! Bring that courage stuff on....

    PS- Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete