Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I think I may be drowning...

Have you ever had so much to do that you didn't know where to start? Have you ever been so overwhelmed by what you have to do that rather than do any of it you hide away and watch a movie that you don't even care about just to escape the ever mounting collection of to-do lists? 

That is where I am tonight. Hiding. Hiding from all of it. My house looks like a pack of wild animals live in it. Never mind that I had the whole place clean and beautiful only 4 days ago. Tech week for ballet started tonight and I already have a list of three things that I have to track down in Tucson all on different ends of town of course. Princess in Training somehow lost a tiara that neither of us ever saw. The recital is Saturday, the same day as Camp Kick-Off (of course). I have a feeling that there are lots of level leaders that are eagerly awaiting my direction on what they should be doing that day (I  also have a feeling that they will just keep on waiting). 

My to-do list for school is exhausting. I want to cry thinking about how much there is to do, how little time there is to do it, and how much all this stress takes away from enjoying my last few days with some very cute kids. At the same time, there are always a few that you are ready to send up to 1st grade that make sure you never-ever forget them (or give your own child the same name) by being so delightful in the last days of school that you start eating chocolate for breakfast just to relieve the stress of it all. In a brief moment of clarity I actually remembered to come up with a Mother's Day project today. It did consume my entire night tracking down all the pieces I needed and Sugar and Spice was not a fun shopping companion. 

So let's sum this up. In the next 12 days of school I have to accomplish the following-- prepare for and rock my teacher evaluation, survive tech week, make dinner for the Miller family, recital with dessert at our house after (which means I need to do something about the state of things around here) camp kickoff, Mother's Day, slideshow, packing up the classroom, plan and pull off kindergarten promotion, report cards, not to mention all the things I do in a regular week, oh yeah--and teach Sunday School, and pack and prepare for our mini-vacation/surgery get away but somehow try not to think too much about that in the meantime. 

Ok. So now I am again overwhelmed. So I am heading back to that movie that I don't care about it because it asks nothing of me other than to be a vegetable and watch. That is something I am totally onboard with right now. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hear ya!! How do we cram 90+ things into 10 days of school?!?! We have to be all totally packed and not allowed to come back (our school is getting a new roof this summer so no one is allowed in the building til end of July) on the last day of school. Good thing I had to clean my room for Oblig transfers at our school today. We hosted the district-wide interviews. I will be glad that I went to the extra effort later on...but I am still teaching...I have your cure though - don't clean your house for us coming over on Saturday!! We can just go to Dairy Queen! Seriously. I DO NOT want to cause you any more grief or worry. I just want to enjoy the visit with you and the kiddos!

    I do know your pain though....
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete