Friday, November 6, 2009

Las Vegas...Long Over Due

You would think that since I am done with teaching that getting this post added would have been a piece of cake. But apparently I am better at blogging when it is my main source for avoiding my online teaching responsibilities. Anyway, here it is at last...a quick, but great trip to Vegas! I am looking forward to similar ones in the future...where are we going next? Aunnie? Moma?

On Friday night we started with a yummy family dinner at Bahama Breeze.
Ben and I loved this restaurant until it left Phoenix permanently.
Dinner and the company were both great!
After we decided to walk it off by showing mom around some of the hotels.
1st up was the
Belagio. Where else to start than the gardens and water show?
Next we went to The Paris and Cesar's Palace.
As it was getting late and we had planned an early morning, we decided to call it quits before midnight!


A perfect start to our Saturday! Thanks for going with us!
I loved this part of our trip and am so glad that we made time for it.



The real reason for our trip!
Drew and Beth got hitched!


Cutest baby in Vegas!

After the dinner at the Sahara...
something none of us hope to repeat

Jennie and Paul went about squishing pennies.

The night was young and there was more to see.
So we bought tickets and jumped on the monorail.
1st stop was MGM where we took the absolute longest route through the whole smoky place when there was a door right in front of us. Go figure!
Moma enjoying the monorail!


Opa's Happiest Place on Earth!

I love Sunday Brunch. It is one of my favorite things
and something that I miss since joining the Church.
But every once in awhile,
a vacation hits just the right way and I get to indulge.
And indulge we did!
We invited Jennie and Kyle to join us as a belated birthday gift to both.
Having previously enjoyed the Sunday Brunch at
both the Belagio and Cesar's Palace
I have to admit that the Paris definitely gave both a run for their money!


The dessert house.
A whole house devoted to dessert.

Jennie and Ben enjoyed the crab legs


Jennie was disgusted at the idea of eating a crawdad.
Until she finally succumbed to the torture of her older brother.







It really was so much fun!

2 comments:

  1. That was awesome!! I'm going to point Drew this way so he can see some of your memories of his wedding weekend!! Thanks for sharing!! It was great!! How about a California weekend without kids...Colorado, Salt Lake City at Conference time, San Francisco (oh yeah, that's part of Cali, isn't it!?!?!) I'm game and raring to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. San Francisco would be a blast! More expensive because we would need plane tickets, but definitely one of my favorite places. But if we all saved $25 a paycheck ($100 a month) we would have enough to go next fall break...assuming you and I still have the same fall break. I'll start saving today if you will. :) :)

    ReplyDelete