Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dear Sunbeam Teacher,

I know that Sugar and Spice gave you a run for your money today. Please believe that he truly is a very sweet little boy when he wants to be. Hopefully next week he will not 1. Move his chair across the room in the middle of Primary, 2. Yell out the random (though somewhat sweet) thoughts that pop into his head that may or may not have anything to do with the lesson, 3. Insist on sitting in the Presidency chairs instead of his own, 4. Believe that he can use the microphone at will, 5. Lastly, be so disruptive asking constantly for lunch until you bring him to me. I have been in your shoes before. Called to Sunbeams at the end of the year when they have learned to sit and listen and behave only to very quickly face the harsh realities of January when the Nursery workers drop off a new load of completely untrained, somewhat wild, and altogether unprepared-for-the-situation 3 year olds. Your best bet is a box of graham crackers, a handful of crayons, some fun books, and a whole lot of faith. In the meantime, we will work hard to remind Sugar and Spice that Church is supposed to be reverent (or according to him, "no-fun mommy"). Here's to a less embarrassing, hopefully less stressful Primary experience next week!

2 comments:

  1. I have so been in their shoes!!! Your advice is sound, sane, and wise. Pray for that teacher and make them your best friend!!! I think I did that for every Seminary teacher too!

    Good luck with your student teacher tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is hilarious! haha i have a hard time with my six and 7 year olds i think i would shoot myself if i worked with any younger!! those poor sunbeam teachers. what a stressful calling. i thank heavenly father every day that i have not been switched to that class!

    ReplyDelete