That is the question on my mind today. Changes are happening in my team. I think I may want to move classrooms. I have a huge gorgeous room right now (the biggest in the whole school!)...the new room would be about half the size, maybe less. I have more than enough "stuff" to fill the big room, which will probably make the small room feel rather cramped. At the same time, I feel like I have been getting ready for a move without really knowing it. Organizing differently, letting go of materials that I have long held onto because I might need them "one day." I will be sad to let the big room go...and it will mean A LOT more work at the end of the year and beginning of next year. But, I have a peaceful feeling knowing that I would be so close to an amazing colleague. It feels a bit like the prompting in Fast and Testimony meeting. It is there nudging me, it feels a bit uncomfortable, not what I thought I had planned for myself, but I feel it, I feel like it is where I am supposed to be and the only thing getting in the way is myself and my own apprehensions and dislike of change. And I am reminded of part of one of my favorite quotes, "Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day..." And today, I think that voice is telling me that it is a good thing I saved all the boxes from moving into our house because I am going to need them.
2 days ago




WOW! You summed that up so well. I felt that same peace when they asked me to teach third grade. Now I may truly have panic again soon but I can't deny the peace that eventually descended on me when I asked if it was the right move. Things that have happened since have only solidified those feelings.
ReplyDeleteI bore my testimony this week on "change" - I HATE it but I love "challenges" - I decided that the only difference was a bunch of "l"s But somehow one motivates me and the other frustrates me and upsets me.
Hey, we're excited about a picnic in the mountains!!
PS. It scared me when I saw the title of this post....
ReplyDelete