Where have you gone? I had such great plans for you and now I feel you slipping through my fingers. Only 8 more lazy days. But they won't be lazy, will they? 8 days to fit in a summer's worth of plans. We still have movies to see, museums to play in, friends to visit, ice cream to eat, pools to swim in, stories to read, picnics to have. On the more practical side there are still closets to organize, walls to paint, boxes to unpack, weight to lose. Today the kids are quietly playing together and I am facing a mountain of laundry and a good movie. This morning there was no rush to eat breakfast, get dressed, hair done, lunches made, gather up a days worth of needs, and out the door by 6:35. Today there were morning cartoons and snuggling. A lazy breakfast. Kids still in jammies. Summer, I am not ready for you to be over. I am not ready for the stress of a new school year, for cranky mornings, and tired evenings. Next year I promise to make the most of you. To stay put and just enjoy. Until then, we will hope for some awesome Saturdays.
2 days ago




That is EXACTLY how I feel!! I guess I act like a cranky child anyway. I love the mornings when I can sleep in, do things at a snails pace. But instead I was up at the crack of dawn and have been on the go ever since. Now it's off to measure out my classroom and I'm dreading that more than you know. Why is this SO hard??? Shall we drown sorrows in cheesecake?
ReplyDelete