Monday, January 2, 2012

And this folks is how you spell p.r.o.c.r.a.s.t.i.n.a.t.i.o.n.

I can't even tell you how long my to-do list is tonight. For some reason the last 12 hours of a two week vacation always seems to be the best time to finally get around to all the stuff I meant to do along the way but never got around to. And of course, now when I have the most left to still do seems like the perfect time to update my blog. 

One of my many New Year's Resolutions is to do a better job at recognizing the things that I do accomplish and spend a little less time beating myself up for what I didn't do. So to that end...here is our Christmas vacation list of accomplishments.

1. We made it to three movies! The Chipmunks, The Muppets, and Puss in Boots.
2. A trip to the zoo.
3. The dentist for me. No cavities!
4. Painted the last bit of the hallway and our bedroom.
5. Cleaned the whole house for Christmas and then again after Christmas.
6. Hosted another rockin' Christmas at our house!
7. A fun play date with the Martins.
8. Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate My Little Reader's 9th Birthday! Thanks to the Martins, Hussmans and Santa Marias for coming with us!
9. An awesome snow globe cake for the birthday girl.
10. Christmas cookies made.
11. Started and finished the book Alphabet Sisters. 
12. Cleaned, reorganized and rearranged My Little Reader's room.
13. Cleaned my classroom to an acceptable state.
14. Finished report cards!
15. Had a fun play date with the Hussman family. 
16. Made it to Church early!
17. Hung twinkle lights in our room.
18. Cleaned and organized our bedroom.
19. Spent time with all of our Arizona family on more than one occasion!
20. Hair, makeup, costume, and the fun of a ballet recital. 
21. Stayed in bed a whole day with Sugar and Spice (compliments of pink eye!)
22. Lunch and errands with an awesome friend! Love you, Melanie!
23. My kitchen was clean more often than it was dirty. 
24. Cookie cake for the Santa Maria family
25. Played a new board game on New Year's eve with my honey. 

Ok...well there are still lesson plans to write, centers to make, and laundry to do. So procrastination time is up. Pictures coming soon...maybe? If not, I promise not to beat myself up about it. :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW. I can't believe I breathe the same air as you. Where oh where do you get the energy?! The stamina?!? The desire?!?!?! I have put off all lesson planning and report cards very well, thank you. I have been feeling quite guilty about it until Rich reminded me that tomorrow will take care of itself. I screamed out "NOT! I will be eaten alive by 33 4th graders!" and then I realized that basically he was right!! I know what to do and it will come together----tonight before midnight!

    Until then, I wrapped a bazillion Christmas presents, read 3 books from start to finish, shopped until I dropped, cleaned the master bathroom, all of the downstairs floors, put up my Christmas tree, bought a new chair from Craigslist, visited 4 libraries, read blogs, ate goldfish crackers, watched 3 football games that went into overtime, did laundry, found the top of the island, gave away more clothes from my massively messy closet, went to 2 movies ( Mission Impossible 22 or something like that and Sherlock Holmes), made a ton of resolutions and have only failed at one! So I have been a little busy. I'll still regret it tomorrow....

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete