Sunday, November 11, 2012

Um. Yeah. Long time no see.

So. It has been a looong time. We have had a busy year and at some point (like now) I will regret not having recorded more of it. But, life happens. And while I was busy living it I wasn't so interested in recording it. 

We have done so much this year! In January Ben and I spent a fantastic weekend in Las Vegas celebrating my mother-in-laws birthday. 

In March we started a major project! We landscaped the backyard, put in an extended patio, tons of rocks, and grass. It is so nice to have it done!

In May we spent a long weekend in Phoenix celebrating Q's graduation. 

June was a super busy month with the kids spending 10 days with the beloved Leslie so that I could go to Girl's Camp for a week. It was a lot of work and it was hard, but I had a good time and made some incredible new friends. It was nice to spend a quiet week in the mountains where someone else did all the cooking. :) Two days after Girl's Camp the kids and I headed to Disneyland with our friends the Martins. We went so the girls could participate in Performing Arts Disney which allowed them to go back stage for a private dance lesson with a Disney instructor. It was a very busy week with long days, but the kids did awesome. I wouldn't have thought that I could take them to Disneyland for three days by myself, but they were so good. We had fun but it was strange not to have Ben with us. A few weeks after getting back we packed up and hit the road again! This time heading to Carlsbad for the kids' first trip into the Caverns and fireworks over the river. I love Carlsbad and it holds a piece of my heart. 

August and September flew by as the start of a new school year always does. We are blessed that all three kids have awesome teachers. I love that My Little Reader is finally in the gifted program and is being challenged. 

For Fall Break we surprised the kids with a trip to San Diego to take Noah to Legoland for the first time. It was a busy day at the park, but he had a good time. We also got to hit a bunch of other favorites including the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Temple, Sprinkles Cupcakes, playing in the bay, ice cream on the boardwalk with our friends, the Hussmans, Sea Port Village, and the Mormon Battalion. I wish we could have had one more day, but we had to hurry home so that Ben could start his new role as a manager of Client Support. 

Alright, so that is our year in fast forward. Maybe I will get back into the swing of this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment