I see this quote on Pinterest all the time and it speaks to me. I have a constant desire to go and see. To explore places near and far, familiar and unfamiliar. Right now I have 3 (or 4 or 5...) trips in the works.
The first was a complete spur of the moment deal that caught a hold and wouldn't let go. So for Spring Break we are surprising the kids with a trip to Albuquerque...on...a...plane! I am super excited. The girls took a plane ride a looong time ago when My Little Reader was just 2 1/2 and Princess in Training was only 2 1/2 months old. Sugar and Spice asks me at least twice a week when we are going to take a plane ride somewhere so when the deal flashed on my screen at work I was hooked. So away we will go and already I have my sights on some fun adventures and some yummy meals. I can't wait.
I am also in the process of selecting our Alaskan cruise getaway for this summer. There are so many options that sometimes I feel like I am swimming in choices. Sooner or later I will get it all figured out, though it might require a spreadsheet or two.
We are also planning a BIG road trip next summer up the west coast to a Treesort where we are going to be staying in a tree house hotel. Each of the "cabins" are actual tree house. Because this Treesort is 20+ hours away in Oregon, I am having so much fun researching and planning fun stops along the way.
Also in our sights this year are a quick 2 day trip to Flagstaff to visit the North Pole Experience and possibly a weekend trip to the Grand Canyon this summer.
I have the heart of a traveler. I would rather spend my money on traveling than just about anything else. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment