No matter how good the first week is, it is still hard. With summer so fresh in my memory it is hard to trade freedom, adventure, and laziness for 12 hour days when I hardly even get to look at, let alone talk to, my own kids. This year isn't like last year. I have kids that are so sweet and awesome and I know it is going to be a good year. (Not to say I didn't have great kids last year...but OH those 6! The 6 that consumed my every day). We are off to such a good start. But the extra things. The extra jobs and tasks have sucked me dry this week. The kids went to mom's this weekend. She wanted to sew with them, but truth be told I had too much work to do to have them here. It would have been fine. They are old enough to entertain themselves. But it wouldn't have been fine with my heart as they begged for attention and time that I don't have right now. Most of the time I love being a teacher and it doesn't bother me that I am a working mom. This week. This week I would give just about anything to have my summer freedom back. I know everything with settle into a routine and *hopefully* these long term subs will start doing their jobs so I won't have to keep doing the work of 3 people. Until then I am holding on. Sometimes just barely. But I am holding on. Oh. And 15 school days until a 3 day weekend.
2 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment