Today was a super mommy fail. I considered making some quick post on Facebook to admit to my mommy fail, but couldn't figure out how to sum it up in a way that would be viewer friendly for families and fellow co-workers that might read it. I am mentoring 2 long term subs this year. I love sharing what I know and helping others to grow in their teaching. But this is going way above and beyond that. It is consuming SO much of my time. Today alone roughly 5 hours. 5 hours in addition to the hours that I worked today. 5 hours that should have belonged to my kids but instead I kept shooing them away. They had homework that I needed to help with and I seriously failed. Baths didn't happen. The kitchen looks like a bomb went off because even though I have managed to cook 2 of the first 3 days of school somehow I haven't been able to manage to clean up after myself or my little people. So I raised the white flag. Ben is on call this week and has yet to make it home before the kids are in bed. So I called in the calvary to help tomorrow so I can get through parent night without out right neglecting my kids for another 3+ hours. I know it will get easier, but right now, when I haven't had enough sleep and I haven't had enough kid time, and the memory of a carefree, amazing summer is still so fresh in my mind---right now I am trying my best to just keep swimming and keep the tears at bay. On a brighter note it seems like this year's class is going to be awesome. And in the mean time--2 days until the weekend.
4 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment