Now that I have just a 10 minute drive home from the babysitter's house I have lots of extra time in my afternoons. Rather than doing something productive like painting my white walls, emptying and putting away the contents of some of the many remaining boxes, or organizing my garage enough to allow Ben to park inside as well...
I have spent my time reading these delicious books!
I devoured each and could hardly put them down!
At times staying up until the wee hours on a school night.
But it was oh-so-worth it!
I have spent my time reading these delicious books!
I devoured each and could hardly put them down!
At times staying up until the wee hours on a school night.
But it was oh-so-worth it!
A lot of people have compared this book to Flowers for Algernon. I remember loving that book when I read it in Junior High, but somehow this book didn't seem the same to me. Still Alice was an amazing look at how Alzheimer's affects the individual and everyone around him or her.Even though you know from the start how it must end it was a great read!
I read Hunger Games in a single afternoon. Could not put it down. But, was then incredibly frustrated to realize that there is a book two and a third book that won't be published until August. Rather than read the second book now, I decided to wait for July, just before book 3 will be released!
Note to self...never-ever decide to read a book where the name of the kidnapped child is the same as one of your own. I admit it, I cheated, skipped to the end. Couldn't stand to wait the 200 pages of waiting to find out what became of that little girl. And even after knowing, I stayed up until 1 am to find out how it all happened.This book came highly recommended! I have to admit it did not disappoint. It was a sweet love story. It also left me wanting to learn more about the Japanese Interment camps.
Books waiting in the wings for their turn to be read!
Books waiting in the wings for their turn to be read!









I loved Hunger Games and so did Jennie and Dad! We got Catching Fire when it came out but I have still not read it. I think the Hunger Games reminds me a little of the Olympics - without the dying part!!
ReplyDeleteI'm envious that you are using your time so well. I am ALMOST done with my class and then things might loosen up for a day!!
Great way to tempt me to read more....