Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's 7:19...what?!?

The clock says 7:19, but I don't believe it. Doesn't it know the kind of day I have had? Let me paint you a picture...1st day since returning from Winter Break that all 24 students have been in class. Most days I have been missing at least 4. Special education student has a sub-aide. He doesn't like her. I understand. His morning was rough. Did I mention picture day? Wrestled said student onto my lap for pictures. University student observation today. Told me within 5 minutes of meeting that she only wants to teach 6th grade or higher. Um. Okay. So why are you spending 20 hours in my classroom? After picture day kids are WILD. Picture day was at 8:15. Centers were wild. ELL students didn't leave. Again, 24 students for the first time in weeks. WILD students. Lunch with my girls. An unfortunate bathroom accident with one. Much gagging. Said daughter had not yet had picture day. Did I mention the gagging. Stressfully trying to figure out how to get her changed into something acceptable for picture day. Have you ever seen the "replacement" clothes in the nurses office??? YUCK. Somehow we scored a cute pair of pants...after I asked three times. Students still WILD. Wiggly-squiglly story time. Loud word work. Louder math time. Time for buses. 6 students should be going to after-school program. 1 student--the one I "wonder" about-- came with us to buses instead. Massive-out-of-control tantrum when the buses leave and he is not on them even though he is holding his note that says he goes to Science club. For some reason my ankle is sore. Walk said student to the furthest classroom from mine and drop him off at Science club. Time to scurry home. New clothes. Definitely different shoes. Pick up the littlest. Rush back to school to pick up the girls from the after-school program. Get ready for Lighted School House movie night. Climb scary ladder to turn on the projector. Spend more than an hour helping pop the popcorn while my three run around like nuts. Ben brings dinner. Littlest throws a fit when I don't immediately open the prize. Um. I don't think so. Finally, movie starts. Children continue to act like they were raised in the wild. After only 75 minutes the movie mercifully ends. Drag the uncooperative beasts to the car. Friend's little boy climbs on me while I am trying to hug him good-bye, kicking me in the ribs. Um. Thanks. I didn't need those. Home at last! Bath time. There is no rejoicing. In fact, there is a LOT of whining. And fussing. And fighting once they are finally in. That's when I threw in the towel. Alrighty, Ben they are all yours. After all...IT IS 7:19. My 12 + hour shift is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment