Anyone that really knows me knows that I love cookies. Just about any cookie will do, but there is one that is far superior to all others. Actually, there are beautiful, gleaming cases filled with rows of cookies that, believe it or not, actually call to me. Cookies from this wonderful little gem! (Don't mind all those cake pictures, the cookies are what you really want!) They even tried calling to me today as I drove up Broadway. I passed my little cookie heaven, and sadly had to keep on going. Wow, that's will power, right? "She must be on a diet," I can hear you saying. Nope. Sadly, the reason for my self-restraint...it is not cookie weather. I bet you are wondering what cookie weather is. It would, however, be more appropriate to wonder what cookie weather is not. It is not the humid ickiness that has settled back in to my sweet hometown even though it hasn't rained in days. The truth of the matter is humidity takes the magic out of these cookies. It makes them soft when they should be crispy. Which means that when monsoon season kicks in I find myself faced with an extended fast from my favorite treat. And so, I wait with a close eye on weather.com for the icky humidity to make it's exit and for cookie weather to return at last.
2 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment