I'm afraid I spoke too soon...
I loved the book... until I didn't. So much anticipation and building up, only to be let down by a quick everything-works-out-in-the-end kind of ending. I was left wanting oh so much more. So despite that life is no less crazy than it was last week, I accidentally bought another book while I was shopping for a birthday party present for My Princess in Training. Here is hoping that this one measures up!
In other news...
My Little Reader finally got glasses last weekend. I foolishly thought that the adventure would be quick and painless. It was not. The choosing part took much longer than one would think. Who knew that 6 year-olds had such extensive opinions on glasses? But three hours, four pairs of shoes (had to keep the other two entertained), lots of running around the indoor playground, and one cup of pretzel bites later we finally left with a truly cute pair of glasses. Unfortunately, these glasses (much like her daddy's) do not come with the power to locate things that are in plain view such as shoes or homework folders. Imagine how long it might take to buy those kind of glasses! Maybe I should send them on a daddy-daughter date in search of such glasses! Hopefully, as a future mommy My Little Reader will inherently develop this skill over time...I think it may be too late for her daddy. ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment