Thursday, August 27, 2009

Forgiveness

Today at work something was said. A story was shared and it involved someone important to me. There is no doubt that it was not meant to be unkind, but feelings were hurt. I think normally I wouldn't have thought twice about what was said, but there were other stresses and worries and somehow this was the proverbial straw.


This person telling the story is a friend that I cherish. I am lucky to have her as both a colleague and friend. I know that my life is better because she is part of it. But I didn't know how to tell her that my feelings had been so badly hurt. So, rather than go to the source, I told another friend. Lucky for me, that friend did go straight to the source and rated me out! Long story short, the friend came seeking forgiveness...which was easy to give. Her friendship is priceless. I certainly didn't want to be mad or hurt, I wanted everything to be as it was before the story had been shared.


It got me thinking about how blessed we are to live forgiven. But beyond that how important it is to seek that forgiveness when necessary. And perhaps most importantly, how much our Heavenly Father wants to grant us that forgiveness. He doesn't want there to be a gulf between us and Him. He wants to wipe the slate clean. To start fresh and move forward. And the best part is that the relationship only continues to grow stronger.


So here's to moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment