Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dear Santa...

Dear Santa,
I am wondering if August might be too soon to send you my wishlist. The trouble is, I have only one wish...however, it is a very big one.

I would like...
are you ready for this...
my very own house for Christmas.

And, well, last year I had the same wish and it wasn't delivered. Perhaps last year I waited too long to place the request, and so this year I am thinking ahead. Given that I did wait a while last year and probably put you in a bit of a bind, I thought it was appropriate to offer you a do-over this year. There are some things working in your favor this year. There are already elves hard at work on making this wish come true. The foundation of my wish is nearly in place which, to be honest, has me almost constantly humming "How Firm a Foundation". Also working to your advantage, the elves that are selling me my wish want desperately for the sale to go on this year's books so they, too, are eager to make this wish come true.

And, I am willing to up the ante on the night before Christmas plate. I know that last year's cookies were a little rough on the eyes. They were after all decorated in a hotel room by three small children. But this year I will promise to deliver a beautiful plate of Nadine's cookies (see the previous post!) and a tall glass of cold milk if you will in turn allow me to set this plate out next to my very own tree in my very own sitting room with a beautiful red couch that perfectly matches your suit. So, what do you think? Do we have a deal this year?


PS The Princess in Training would like some batteries for Christmas. Apparently her king and queen are incapable of remembering this request and so she is turning it over to you.

PPS Please, under no circumstances grant My Little Reader's wish. I know she thinks she wants a new little brother, but she is just confused. Please bring her some new books instead.

PPPS Sugar and Spice really does want chocolate milk for Christmas, perhaps you could leave some in the fridge. The new fridge that will be in my new house that your elves are so diligently working on!

1 comment:

  1. As Santa's official helper and psuedo secretary, we are making an official acknowledgement of your request. Please convey our acceptance of said request to Princess in Training and Sugar and Spice. Please remind Little Reader that Santa does not handle new little brothers or sisters. That is the job of our Heavenly Father and he is very careful!

    Thank you for your early letter, we will move mountains of cement, work hard, and put those elves' noses to the grindstone if that is what it takes!! We have duly noted the reference to Nadine's cookies. We are using that as a great motivational tool for the elves!

    Thank you for support for us here at the North Pole.

    Frau Kringlevetter

    ReplyDelete