Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The light at the end of the tunnel

Surely there must be a light at the end of the tunnel. I have been having a hard time seeing it this week. So, I created my own light. A light at the end of The Year of E. My light is in the form of boxes. Boxes of things that I will no longer use this school year so I am packing them up and storing them away. The reward is two-fold. I feel organized and off to a good start for the end of year cleaning marathon. And at last I see the light. The light of summer days filled with movies, lazy mornings, trips to the pool, Kool- Aid and pb and j, and only my three kids to fill my days with. Who knew that an empty copy paper box could hold so many possibilities and so much joy!

1 comment:

  1. Me too!!! Summer sounds divine but I will be taking so many classes and trying to move classrooms that I don't want to think about it. Changing grade levels is beginning to not feel right....I know I am second guessing the decision but that's probably because change is hard and uncomfortable. But relief from testing and career ladder is just around the corner. Hang in there - one box at a time!

    ReplyDelete