I recently read this book. One chapter was all about how each year can be defined by one student. This year has been the year of E...and his mother. He is the child that is never absent. Never cooperates. Argues with everything I say. Is a bully to the other students. Has been to the office 24 times (officially...unofficially, many more times). Suspended twice. Seriously...a five year that has been suspended twice. He can't stay in his chair, doesn't follow directions, and can turn on the tears like you have never seen. Regardless of what I ask him to do, he does the opposite...and smirks while he does it. I have tried every possible type of motivation I can think of. Nothing changes his behavior. His mother says it is because I am boring him. Yes, I suppose that is why he feels compelled to karate kick students in the face on the playground. And it is definitely why he thinks it is okay to jump off of toilets and scream in the bathroom. Certainly we are not challenging him enough. Heaven help me, only 24 more days. Thank goodness.
2 days ago




Oh no! The countdown! Can I read that book when you're officially done. Now that I have a new assignment for next year I think I may need a dose of it! I think I am about a week longer than your school, but who's counting?!?!?! I just have to make it through testing in the next 2-3 weeks!
ReplyDelete