I had to make a decision today. Kind of a big one. At least for me. I had to decide which teacher to place My Princess in Training with for kindergarten next year. I can't have the teacher I really wanted. Sadly, she is leaving. My Little Reader had a great kindergarten teacher. She was in the perfect classroom...for her. She flourished and loved school. But, My Princess in Training is a very different person than My Little Reader. She needs a classroom with music and dancing. She needs a classroom that is more hands on and less skill and drill. She needs magic. She needs a class where she won't be kept inside during recess to finish coloring in the lines. She needs a teacher that understands that she is still just 5 and that dress up and tea parties are more important than homework packets. She needs a teacher that will understand that she is not her sister. And so, while I loved My Little Reader's teacher and consider her to be such a good friend, she is not the teacher that I want for My Princess in Training. I know that feelings will be hurt. I fear that a friendship will be strained just a little too much for true repair. I know because My Little Reader's kindergarten teacher does not like, not even one little bit, the teacher that I have chosen for My Princess in Training. It hurts my heart to make this choice. Yet, I feel like it is the right one. But still worry about the repercussions. A good friend has spent the day whispering in my ear that My Princess in Training is mine forever and that my colleagues are temporary. I have no doubt that in either room she would have a wonderful first experience with school. But at the end of the day, I want it to be her experience, not her sister's. Why are the right choices always the hardest to make?
2 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment