While the kids are away, Mommy will play. Well...not really. However, there is nothing like a kid free day to get your clean on! Playroom-check! All the toys that were thrown about during the Halloween Spook-tacular have been returned their rightful homes. The stray ghost brains (mini marshmallows) have been collected and disposed of. And the room has been vacuumed! Sitting room- check. Scraps from sticky foamies all cleaned up. Furniture returned to the correct rooms and floor vacuumed. Living room- check! Vacuumed up all those pesky chip crumbs. Kitchen- check! Party dishes cleaned and put away. Dishwasher running. Counters and floors cleaned. Laundry...in the process. One load down. One in the washer. One in the dryer. Three more waiting in the hallway. Princess in Training's room-check. More wayward ghost brains and chip crumbs all vacuumed away. Bed made. Closet...well, that is asking a lot. Sugar and Spice's room...the closet has the same issue but all else is in order. Laundry room more organized than it has been in weeks. Five boxes/bags waiting to be hauled away to goodwill. One box of cute boy clothes to be dropped off to a friend. Three boxes of school stuff to be delivered to the classroom. Now all that is left to do is tackle my room. That is a BIG job. I think I need lunch first.
Thanks to my sweet husband for making this day possible. He allowed me to convince him that is would be a great idea for him to take the kids all day to Tombstone to play with him and his parents. I am sure they are having a blast. But I still think I got the better end of the deal. After all, a trip to Tombstone does equal roughly 3 hours in the car with the kids!




It was great - gunfights and all. Noah kept telling the bad guys to "look out, he has a gun!"
ReplyDelete