Today I set about getting my house a little more ready for when I leave. My bedroom has become a dumping ground. Clothes, shoes, school things, books littered about the room. I thought that one quick way to tidy up would be to remove some of the books and store them in my fancy new hallway cabinet. (aka my new favorite nook in my home). I have LOTS of books. It is something of an addiction. Take for example the other night. We were meeting our favorite Leslie for dinner, but had time to kill. So of course we went to Barnes and Noble. I left Ben with the kiddos to make a run to the ladies room (darn teacher bladder-how exactly does it know when I am out of school??) Anyway. Ben must have thought I fell in because it took me a solid 15 minutes to come back. I was entranced by the books. Drawn in. In search of a great story to read. Not that I don't already have at least a dozen books sitting in my room waiting to read. Which brings me to today. I have three stacks of books that I acquired during my trip to Salt Lake last summer. I had read a few, but many more were waiting. So in pulling them off my dresser I decided to re-read the jackets. At which point I was caught-hook, line, and sinker. Spent every extra minute of the day devouring a cute little book called "The Importance of Being Married." (At which point I lost all focus of my original intent). But, I loved it! It was a light, easy read that totally took over my day. Which is precisely why it is 11:00 PM and I am still awake. If nothing else, I need to sign the Valentine cards for my kiddos and make sure that I actually washed my Valentine shirt for tomorrow. Have a super Monday!
2 days ago




I hope you know I will be stealing that from you when I come in March:)
ReplyDeleteNow I KNOW we are family! I'm so sorry you caught the family disease!! (NOT really - now get ready for the Tucson Book Festival!!)
ReplyDeleteI keep swearing that I will cull the piles....but I can't stand to part with any of them!