Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Flashback

Once upon a time, long--long ago one of my very best friends was also my next door neighbor. One of our favorite activities was "window shopping". We would get the big Sears Dream catalog and would buy everything we could imagine for our future families. The goal, of course, was to spend as much as possible. We would make lists with all the prices and pages where to find our dream items. Today in my classroom after school I overheard two adorable 8 year old girls pouring over the latest American Girl catalog, picking and choosing all the things they would buy if only they had enough money and suddenly I was taken back. The grand total was $72. It wasn't all that long ago that I ran into my long ago friend and we talked and laughed about those days. I wonder if years from now, My Little Reader will also have happy memories of her days of window shopping. As a grown-up, I have to say that window shopping is often times so much more fun than actual shopping!

1 comment:

  1. the sad thing is that your total from sears was probably close to the 7200 that the girls came up with... from a DOLL CATALOG! And THAT is the reason that we don't have any "real" american girl stuff for our girls!

    ReplyDelete