Thursday, September 8, 2011

The "third" option

My Princess in Training has it in her head that every situation has a "third" option. The conversation might go something like this..."G, you can do your spelling homework or read for your reading log." Did you catch that? There were just 2 options there. But what My Princess in Training heard was, "G you can do your spelling homework, read for you reading log, or run down the hall to play with Robert." This has become a constant state of thinking for my girlie. Every situation seems to have a third option that has nothing whatsoever to do with what her mama has asked her to do. I am crossing my fingers that this "two week" stage is all that she gets so that when we hit those teen years she is already well past this lovely stage and will happily choose one of the two options offered to her. And yes---I can hear you laughing at me through the computer. A girl can always hope right? 

1 comment:

  1. Hope and pray, Hope and pray, Hope and pray!!!

    I love these posts.
    Smile anyway!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete