Friday, September 30, 2011

My Little Reader...

was grumpy. Oh, so grumpy after school yesterday. From the moment she set foot into my classroom she was cranky. Even our breathing was too loud for her. She had been up way too late the night before. Activity Days are fun, but it is hard to fall asleep after. So, when bedtime is normally 7:30 and you don't even get home until 8:00 and you haven't even finished showing your daddy everything you made until 8:30, then you can't even start the whole "I need a drink...my head hurts...I need to go potty..." routine until at least 8:45. Meaning of course that you don't even start trying to fall asleep until 9. Well, anyone that knows my girl knows that she needs a good night of sleep. So after dealing with her grumpy butt from 2:30 until we got home at 4:45, I was done. Ready to exile her to her room for the evening. But, of course, that would only make things worse. Until I realized that I had the perfect medicine for her. Granted, it was supposed to be a Christmas or Birthday present...but when I gave her the stack of Ramona books her eyes lit up. I got a big hug and didn't see her again until supper time at which point she was cured of all grouchiness.  I wonder if this medicine will continue to work into her teenage years??

1 comment:

  1. Well, it still works for me!! I asked my students to give me a homework Reading Log, like I give them!! Someday they might just do it, then I will be happy and smile too. Don't ya love the power of a present - of books?!?!?

    ReplyDelete