Today I am grateful to have my engagement ring back on my finger and in one beautiful piece. It broke months ago...sometime during the trip to Texas in July. I had put off taking it in. Not deliberately more of not remembering to take it with whenever I did manage to go in to town. But, on Ben's birthday I thought ahead and took it with us. We took it to the same company that we had originally purchased it from thinking somehow that would be in our favor. A few days later I was called with the estimate, $158 plus tax. YIKES! No thank you. I think I will pay My Little Reader's radiologist bill instead. So, when I picked it up I took it to another place that my mom had suggested. Guess what? The cost of repair, including replacing the diamond chip that was lost...just over $21!!!! It should have been a whopping $10 more, but the girl saw that I live 45 minutes away and took pity on me. So today, with three kids in tow I went to pick it up. Amazingly the kids sat and read a book while I took care of things. (now if only they could have also been delightful in the car 5 minutes later.) I am happy, happy, happy to have it back!!!
2 days ago




No comments:
Post a Comment