Friday, December 3, 2010

Dear Ward Party

Why, oh why, are you scheduled at the end of the longest Friday evvvver? And more over, why, oh why, did I think it would be a good idea to sign up to bring a dish. Granted, I picked an easy dish. But I gotta tell you. It was a loooooong day. I am tired. The shower that was meant to get me on my way to being ready really just made me want to climb into my jammies and enjoy a movie night with the kids. But alas no. Here I sit avoiding you and all that you entail. Sitting in my highly uncomfortable life-sucking tank top that promises to make me "up to 2 sizes smaller" wondering how long I can really get away with this before I finally suck it up and face the music. I fear my moments of self indulgence are coming to a rapid end. After all, in the next 20 minutes I need to dress three kids, remove Sugar and Spice's color of the day (more on that to follow in a post I lovingly call- Dear Preschool Teachers), make a salad, fix my hair, restore my makeup, oh- and find something less revealing than a life-sucking tank top to wear. No problem. I got this. But first. There must be chocolate in this house somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I call that my "corrective shirt"!!! I have "corrective jeans"!

    ReplyDelete