Well...I only cried a little bit.
The kids cried a lot.
The moms cried even more.
I just keep reminding myself---
"Don't cry because it is over-
smile because it happened."
So glad this year happened.
This was the class I dreamed about
when I decided to be a teacher.
There will never be a year like this.
I am going to miss these kids
more
than
words
can
say
And now--crying again.
Bummer.




I thought of you today...and got a little weepy myself. It finally hit me today that I need these kids to stay so they can train the new ones!! I HATE that. These kids know where everything is. They know all of my expectations. Today I really realized that I will miss them...a LOT!
ReplyDeleteI loved your quote. We used that same one on the quilt square we made for our principal's retirement quilt. My students voted on that one - loved it best. (Talk about a tear-jerk moment. The all school assembly for her was a real great event and a HUGE secret. Have you ever known 450 kids to keep a secret. All of my students had tears in their eyes - but me most of all!)
I hope that you have enough great memories stored up to keep this year close to your heart.
I was thinking a lot of Princess in Training and her graduation to 1st grade and of Little Reader being a BIG 3rd grader. Whoa!
ADORABLE changes. I love 'em and I'm jealous.
ReplyDeleteWe're planning on leaving for Denver on June 21 and returning late on the 24th. We've been collecting things-to-do ideas from any and everyone and so far our list will require three more days there. Oh well!
Still not done with report cards or class awards, but I did meet with the new principal who called me the wrong name AND I made dinner even though I hadn't eaten any solid food for 48 hours or more!! Ah yes, life in the fast lane.