Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Living with blinders on

That is exactly what I have been doing the past few days around this house. I have been up to my eyeballs in scrapbooks that- by the way- are DONE! But in the meantime a bomb has gone off in my house. I actually looked up today and saw the destruction that lays before me. I wanted to cry but didn't have the energy. Then I quickly averted my eyes and retreated to my room to keep on working. I still have to write letters to the kids. As midnight approaches the idea of writing a personal message to 24 different kids is starting to sound like a really bad idea. There are some cute poems out there for end of the year, but then the guilt starts to sink in. I have loved these kids more than any before. Don't they deserve my best? I think I am going to take the easy way out. Poem for everyone for tomorrow (Promotion day!) but I will leave myself open to the idea of writing good-bye letters to be passed out on Thursday. I love a good compromise - even more so at 20 minutes to midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment