This week's confession...
As part of our whirlwind adventures last week, we invited My Little Reader's best friend, Cassidy, to join us on her real birthday for Disney on Ice! Their friendship has a special place in my heart because it reminds me of the early days of my friendship with my own best friend. Just like MLR and her best friend, Paula and I met in Kindergarten. Paula was the first friend to spend the night at my house and Cassidy was the first to spend the night over with MLR. At that first sleep over MLR and Cassidy played the very same game that Paula and I played so many years ago. And as we sat at the TCC last Thursday I was transported back to a similar night many years ago when Paula and I went to the circus for another birthday. As I watch MLR and Cassidy's friendship from a mommy perspective I have all the hope in the world that they will be privileged to have the same life long friendship that Paula and I have. It hasn't always been an easy friendship, but it has always been the most important. The type of friendship that carries you through the tough times and cheers you on in the good times. The kind of friendship where you can room together in college and still be friends when you move out. A friendship full of adventure both near and far. I truly can't imagine my life without Paula. Just this weekend as I was gallivanting around in Las Vegas I was reminded of the great fun and adventures we had there. Many of my great adventures include Paula. And for some reason most of those adventures involve A LOT of walking! And though I don't see or talk to her nearly enough, we are always able to pick right back up where we left off. I can think of no better wish for my daughter than to have a friend like that!




No comments:
Post a Comment