Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Weekly Wednesday Confessional

This week's confession...
Sometimes at night (or whenever my kids don't happen to be looking) toys permanently disappear from their playroom/bedroom. McDonald's type toys always disappear within a few days of landing in our home. I have managed to get around them even coming to our house by "forgetting" to order happy meals and just getting cheeseburgers instead. My Little Reader is a smart one and has caught on to that trick. Sometimes she goes along, but not always. But truly, things disappear. They have to, don't they? Really, do my three kids need 6 partial decks of various sized playing cards strewn around their room? Personally, I don't think so. Usually, the toys that disappear are missing pieces, outgrown, broken, long ago forgotten, etc. The precious ones don't disappear, but I am a firm believer that you can't find the precious ones when they are covered with a mountain of worthless junk. I am dreaming of a big purge as we move into our new home. It will be perfect timing as I am sure a whole new bundle of toys will be headed their way for Christmas. But I am also planning with glee a playroom with great storage for all of the toys they do love because the truth of the matter is I love that my kids play with toys and have really great imaginations. I love that they don't waste their days away playing video games. What I don't love is the mess that inevitably follows after a great day of play. Or the fact that I seem to be the one that is most often in charge of cleaning it up! Hmmm...I think I hear snoring from the bedroom...I wonder what can "disappear" tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment