Sunday, August 1, 2010

In Denial

I should probably be doing something that will be useful when I go to work tomorrow. I should probably be thinking about making name tags or writing some kind of lesson plans to guide me through this first week. Something tells me I should be making a list of the things that I need to accomplish in the first 4 hours tomorrow before the parents and kids arrive for Meet and Greet. At some point I should consider what I am going to wear tomorrow as well as my three kids...you know since we have to be dressed and out the door by 6:45. After all we haven't even been out of bed before 7:30 lately. I should probably do a load or two of laundry, since I am not sure I have any undies for tomorrow. I should also probably go clean up the aftermath of dinner. The nesting side of me thinks that I should go do something about the bomb that exploded in the playroom yesterday or the one that went off in the kids bathroom today, but really they will probably languish in their current state until at least Saturday. There is also that pile of clean laundry that has been hanging out in the living room since Thursday. I should probably fold it and put it away. Is this where I also mention that I have not completely unpacked my bag from the trip to Vegas two weeks ago? I could finish putting my color books together or script my first day. I could also iron the uniforms so they are ready for Tuesday, but then again I can always leave that until tomorrow. I could unearth the top of my dresser or my desk for that matter. But the truth is...being in denial is so much more fun. Because when you are in denial you can forget about all those menial tasks listed above and go paint your toes while watching the Next Food Network Star. Yep. I am going to keep on hanging out here in the land of Denial...well at least for the next hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment