You and I are not friends. I have known for a while now that the day would come when you would rob My Princess in Training of her trademark pink. School shopping is not fun when you are forced to buy such blah colors. Neither is picking which clothes she will wear for her first day of kindergarten and her sister's first day of second grade. Little girls should be allowed to dress like little girls. And really...don't even begin to try and win me over with your "rationale" that dress codes dissuade gang activity. First of all, I am fairly certain that blue is a trademark gang color. And secondly, SERIOUSLY exactly which gang are you expecting my five year old little girl to get mixed up with in the classroom of a top 5 Arizona teacher of the year? Just to show you who's the boss...Princess in Training will be changing shirts at exactly 2:05 tomorrow and every other day in the foreseeable future, and in the meantime, she will be wearing pink underwear, pink shoes, pink socks, pink bows, and she even has some sneaky pink stitching on her shorts. So there Mr. Inventor of the Dress Code.
2 days ago




Ahhh, laughing in the face of conformity, that's our Gracie~! I LOVE her sneaky pink more than the blatant-in-your-face-pink.
ReplyDeleteI hope your first day, and theirs, was great!!
I am going to the classroom on MY terms...today I drove Rich to work, drove home in the slow lane, went to WalMart, wandered the aisles, have started laundry and now I will run two errands and THEN go to school. But only for a little bit. I feel I will have earned lunch or a some Junior Mints at that point! Maybe I can celebrate National Cheesecake Day a few days late. I just want it on my terms, I bet you would understand that!