Well, the good news is that I didn't come home crying today. Nor did I feel an overwhelming urge to quit teaching altogether. Which believe me is a HUGE improvement over last year. It was nice having a balance of boys to girls...not like last year with 17 boys and only 8 girls! I did have a lot of criers this morning, which is unsual. Thankfully most were fine by recess and the two holdouts were okay by the end of the day.
I have a nasty sunburn because the recess aides decided to give the students an 8 station tour of the playground which lasted roughly 45 minutes and I of course had not put sunscreen on. OUCH! I also have 5 lovely blisters on my feet. Double OUCH!
I have some very cute, sweet kids in my class. I have a feeling which ones will be my super star helpers and which three names I will say the most this year. Though, even my trickiest little guy is nothing like my friend, E, from last year. Thank goodness!
The best part of the day was having my sweet friend, Tara, stay to help. Her older son was in my class two years ago and this year I have the privilege and joy of teaching her youngest. Yesterday at Meet and Greet I begged her to stay today, and she jumped at the chance! It was awesome! The perfect pair of extra hands, an encouraging smile, and a marvelous friend wrapped into one! The day went so much easier than I thought! Here's to a great second day tomorrow!
I have a nasty sunburn because the recess aides decided to give the students an 8 station tour of the playground which lasted roughly 45 minutes and I of course had not put sunscreen on. OUCH! I also have 5 lovely blisters on my feet. Double OUCH!
I have some very cute, sweet kids in my class. I have a feeling which ones will be my super star helpers and which three names I will say the most this year. Though, even my trickiest little guy is nothing like my friend, E, from last year. Thank goodness!
The best part of the day was having my sweet friend, Tara, stay to help. Her older son was in my class two years ago and this year I have the privilege and joy of teaching her youngest. Yesterday at Meet and Greet I begged her to stay today, and she jumped at the chance! It was awesome! The perfect pair of extra hands, an encouraging smile, and a marvelous friend wrapped into one! The day went so much easier than I thought! Here's to a great second day tomorrow!




Oh, fantastic!!!! I spent the day thinking about you all as I set up a new classroom. Let's be more specific...as I unpacked. I am NOWHERE near setting up.
ReplyDeletePlease wish the same good things for me when my first day comes around next week.