Thursday, September 10, 2009

Crossing my fingers...and toes!

So, I got the call today at 8:45. My Princess in Training got sick at the sitter's house. A quick call to the secretary and a sub was on her way. Two fabulous class mom's graciously took over some centers as I frantically put together activities and plans for the sub. She arrived at 9:45, and by 10:00 My Little Reader was in the office ready to leave school and fuming mad at her mommy that she couldn't just stay for her spelling test. Sorry, kiddo but when we live 40 minutes from school I am not about to come back to pick you up later.

Anyway. Picked up Sugar and Spice and Princess in Training and headed for home. Princess in Training did not seem the least bit sick. Spent a relaxing day watching movies and grading papers. All three kiddos even took a nap! Princess in training kept down multiple pieces of toast and tons of water, not to mention that she was bouncing from here to there in her usual sort of way.

And so it was decided that we would go forth with our plans for a Sweet Tomatoes dinner. I have to tell you that Princess in Training was practically shoveling food into her mouth. All the while, I could barely eat as I sat there with pure dread watching what she was eating and desperately hoping and praying that it all stays inside her stomach tonight. And so...I am sitting here with my fingers and toes and legs and even my eyes crossed that it is a restful and highly uneventful night. It wouldn't hurt if you crossed your fingers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment