Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Inside a book"...I am feeling a little crabby too!

I know that I couldn't have caught the crabbiness from you because I really did have a great time last weekend. But none the less I am crabby.


Maybe it is because some maniac in the school parking lot almost ran over My Little Reader this morning and then gave me a dirty look. Really, though you shouldn't be going more than 5 miles an hour in our parking lot and you were definitely approaching 30.


Possibly it is because I am getting a new student tomorrow that is being put back to kindergarten (he is in 1st now). It makes me grumpy because he benchmarked on DIBELS this week and if I have to differentiate for a whole range of skill levels why is the same not true of our first grade teachers? But maybe it is because that puts my numbers at 17 boys and only 7 girls.


Maybe I am grumpy because the playground monitor yelled at me because one of my boys was misbehaving on the playground. I get that he was not behaving, but please don't yell at me. I have only known him for 25 days and while I am doing my best to turn him into a productive member of society his previous influences have had nearly 6 years to mold him into who he currently is. I would say the odds are not in my favor yet.


Perhaps it is because I have to go to the laundromat again tonight to dry yet another load of laundry since the dryer is still broken.


I guess it could be that my paycheck from online teaching is $400 less than I was planning. I didn't have plans for the money other than "for the house" but I was still grumpy so much was eaten away by good old taxes.

But most likely...it is because I couldn't find anything to wear this morning and so I resigned myself to work harder at eating better which means I didn't have any Pepsi today and not one bite of chocolate. Yep...I would definitely say that is what has brought on the crankiness.

At least I know the cure... 1 piece of Godiva here I come!

1 comment:

  1. BOY, you did have a day! I'm sorry I spread the crankiness around. Too bad it's not as tasty as peanut butter.

    You go tell the playground monitor where to go - - back out to recess!! We have just about had it with our monitors too! One of my co-workers gave one of them a HUGE earful yesterday and then marched up to the principals office to give her some. Wow! Her grandmother had died the night before so Heidi was already in a bad mood. The good thing though was that the playground monitors finally got what we've all been threatening to do and say!!

    Hang in there...fall is coming!

    ReplyDelete