
I did a big yippee yesterday when after many days of looking at zero progress on our house we finally had concrete! Unfortunately, the good ol' Arizona sun baked it solid before we could put the kids hands in it. Maybe we will have better luck when they pour the driveway. At least now we can move on to the weekly drive-bys instead of the daily ones. Thank goodness! That will shave a good 40 minutes off the time we spend in the car!
About living in limbo...
I can remember when I was growing up that our religion teachers would talk about living in limbo if when we died we weren't quite ready for heaven but were not going to the other place either. I never understood why limbo was a "bad" thing. After all, it wasn't the other place. However, now I think I am beginning to understand. I feel like my life has been in a bit of limbo for the past year. The year between when I paid to give my home away (still one of my all time least favorite experiences) and the impending completion of our new house. Limbo isn't really a bad place. We have been very blessed to have family that loves us enough to make daily sacrifices by welcoming us into their home, three kids and a cat and all the stuff that goes with it! But Limbo is also not perfect- it is not a long term solution, it is not where I long to be. So, while I am tremendously grateful to have some place to stay while in this period of limbo, I am exceedingly excited about the dream home that waits on the other side!




No comments:
Post a Comment