...time to get your warm french bread straight from the oven! I love warm bread! I could never even attempt one of those carb free diets. Today while braving Wal-mart with my three cranky kids the announcement came and we headed straight for the bread! Funny how something so simple can take you back to a sweet memory from years ago. In a flash I was a Sophomore in high school and was spending the night at my friend, Michelle's house. Her mom had taken us to the grocery store to get stuff for dinner and they had just brought out the hot french bread. And right there in the store Michelle's mom let us start eating that bread as we walked the aisles. By the time we hit the checkout lane the inside of the bread was gone, tunneled away by hungry teenage girls and all that remained was the crusty exterior. Such a silly memory, but one that I have almost every time I find myself in a grocery store when the bread announcement is made. Thanks for the memories Michelle!
BTW, my kiddos had devoured our loaf of bread long before we got home tonight!
BTW, my kiddos had devoured our loaf of bread long before we got home tonight!




Yumm! I'm going to try that! I could also walk down the cheese aisle and combine the two for a whole dinner! It sounds delicious.... Great memories.
ReplyDelete