So...I have a confession to make. Actually, I have several which is why I decided to make this a weekly thing. The truth is I already know what I will tell you next Wednesday and the one after that.
This week's confession...
I do not like to give my kids baths. It seems like bathing your child should be one of those inherent mom traits that automatically kicks in when you bring your first bundle of joy home from the hospital. I guess I must be missing that gene. Because I don't have it. There are actually quite a few things that I dislike about the whole proposition of bathing three kiddos. I don't like getting wet. I don't like that the shrieks of joy and sometimes of fighting echo endlessly against the bathroom walls. I don't like the tears that come as soon as I bust out the shampoo...the tear free shampoo, mind you! I don't like the whining that ensues when it is time to get out. I have tried to jump start the love-to-give-my-kids-a-bath gene, but it has been to no avail. I have tried to find joy in this part of parenthood, but somehow it escapes me. And so, my valiant husband takes on this task and does so happily, without an ounce of frustration or grumbling (at me or the kids!). EXCEPT...for when he is gone to Cincinnati for three nights for business. And so, I endured the bath experience last night with only a minimal amount of tears shed (by me or the kids!).
Which leads to my second confession...
All three kiddos wore jeans today to ensure that bath time could be held off until tomorrow night!




Ahh, bathtime bubbles!! Q offered me the chance to give Jase his bath when he was here - I politely declined because of the above reasons....I was encouraging daddy-son bonding!
ReplyDelete