




Last night the girls (Mel, Gabby, and Julia) and I raced from school to Phoenix for Fall Frenzy 2009! We had a great time singing and dancing along. The music was great! I loved that I knew most of the songs. Who knew I could still be so cool at 32? You can't hardly tell but the pictures at the top are of Gavin Rossedale. I would have posted more pictures, but it got too dark to take really good ones. We also saw Colbie Calliat, Jason Mraz, and Rob Thomas. We even sat (actually stood!) through more than an hour of listening to the B-52s which we all agreed that we totally could have done without! Our 12 hour adventure ended when Gabby safely deposited us back at Julia's house at 2:30 in the morning! And, yes, you read that right 12 hours from when we left until we got home! Thank goodness Julia had a nice comfy bed for me to snuggle into instead of spending an extra 35 minutes driving back to Tucson!
A few things I learned for next year.
Find a way to sneak a blanket in.
Apparently we were the only ones not smart enough to manage this feat.
Do not wear flip flops. Ouch!
Do not have a teddy bear picnic on the same day as you are planning a 12 hour after school adventure. Too exhausting!
Even if you think you are hungry, you do not want McDonald's at 12:30 at night.
If the B-52s are playing...take a break and find something to eat. This will also help with not thinking I need to eat McDonald's stale hamburgers at 12:30!
Research Native American weather dances with the intent of inviting some weather that feels at least a little fall like!




I am so jealous!! I was up late last night finding YouTube videos of Rob Thomas at the Frenzy! They already had them posted. And Gavin Rossdale, yummmmm! I tried winning tickets for the last month to no avail! You are one lucky ducky!
ReplyDeleteBut what a fun Friday ...a Girl's Night!!